Our short-term rehab services can help bridge-the-gap between the hospital and home and allow you to cultivate the necessary skills to lead an independent lifestyle.
Our short-term rehab program provides 24-hour skilled nursing care and a full range of rehabilitative services—physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. During your stay, the therapists will have you practice, perform, and perfect all the skills you need before being discharged.
Customized discharge instructions and referrals are provided to support a successful return to home— wherever the person may live. Therapists often make “home evaluations” when the destination is determined for discharge—at the person’s own home, caregiver’s home, retirement or assisted living community, or other nursing center. Recommendations for home modifications are made to ensure the ability to maintain independence safely.
Ahava’s knowledgeable and compassionate interdisciplinary team delivers some of the finest rehabilitation care and clinical expertise in the Clarksville area.
Our goal is to return the patient to their optimum level of function so they may have a better quality of life.
Physical therapists help residents reach their highest level of independent mobility and learn how to prevent injury. Here are a few examples of physical therapy outcomes:
- Increased Strength and Mobility
- Increased Motor Control
- Improved Coordination and Balance
- Improved Overall Range of Motion and Endurance
Occupational therapists work with residents to improve their command of activities of daily living. Here are a few examples of occupational therapy outcomes:
- Functional Independence
- Maintenance of Wellness: Dressing and Grooming
- Prevention of Further Disability
- Home Assessments and Modifications
- Adaptive Equipment
- Increasing Safety Awareness
Speech & Language Pathology specialists assist patients in achieving improved quality of life through assessment of language, swallowing and/or cognitive disorders. Here are a few examples of speech-language pathology outcomes:
- Improved Speech and Voice Clarity
- Increased Comprehension and Verbal Expression
- Improved Chewing and Swallowing
- Maximized Cognitive Language Skills: Memory, Problem Solving, Abstract Reasoning